- We have met the enemy, and he is us! - Pogo, by Walt Kelly
- Close enough isn't!
- Giving of one's excess is today's generosity
- Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant
knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all
things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
- Jesus, John 15:15, KJV
- The law is a ass, a idiot. - Mr. Bumble, Oliver Twist. by
- The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. – Frederick Douglass
- I am persuaded that a lie grounded in human desire is too powerful for reason to kill... It is the human wish to be told lies that keep us where we are. – David Horowitz
- Truth is not what I believe. Truth is not even what I know. Truth is fact. I may not believe it. I may not know it. That does not change it. It is there nevertheless, waiting to be discovered and believed. Truth does not depend on the unsettled and changing opinions of men. It was truth before it was believed. It will remain truth, whether it is believed or not. Reason does not originate or create it. It merely discovers it. Consequently, reason is not a source. Truth goes back beyond reason. – Carlyle B. Haynes
- There is no art which one government sooner learns of another than that of draining money from the pockets of the people. – Adam Smith
- I own that I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive. – Thomas Jefferson
- Culture is the accumulated knowledge, experience, beliefs, and customs within a group, which emerges over time and can be passed to others through literature, music and other expression. It cannot be created by government. You can't vote culture into being; you can't pass a law to turn a movie into a beloved classic. Culture emerges spontaneously and defies political control... The freer a society, the more vigorous and diverse its culture, and vice versa – Wendy McElroy